New: The Return of FENTY x PUMA is now here
Well, it’s not like she left. But Rihanna and PUMA are definitely back. After a brief 5 year hiatus, the partnership continues this 2023 as they debuted the FENTY x PUMA Avanti – a shoe that blends two sneaker ICONS – the King (football boot) and the Easy Rider.
Rihanna’s love for football and its impact off the pitch led to the Avanti (rightfully so, as terrace culture is definitely back). The shoe comes in two colorways, the Avanti C (silver) and the Avanti VL (black) and were also made in full family sizing.
For a better appreciation of their latest collaboration, here’s a timeline out of PUMA’s heritage:
- 1968 – PUMA released the King football boot, worn by the likes of Eusebio, Pele and Maradona
- 1978 – PUMA released the Miele to suit the jogging phase. This later evolved into the Easy Rider
- 1998 – PUMA and Jil Sander launched their first fashion collaboration with the Jil Sander King
- 2001 – PUMA released the Avanti
- 2023 – Rihanna adds her own twist to the shoe
“I wanted to bring something iconic from the archives to the street, and the late great Pelé made the Avanti shoe so iconic. ” said Rihanna.
For more on the FENTY x PUMA Avanti, the shoe features a buttery soft vintage leather, fold over tongue, with golf-foil FENTY and leaping cat logo on it. The shoe also comes with a leather footbed and gum outsoles. The black and white version is complimented by a chrome execution with laser etched logos and leather chrome details.
The FENTY x PUMA Avanti is available worldwide on puma.com and select retailers. The collection is also available at PUMA Shangri-La and PUMA.com. A second Avanti drop will follow this fall. More details to come.