Earlier today, Jordan Brand, Tinker Hatfield and MJ himself unveiled the latest shoe in his signature line, the Air Jordan XX9. The shoe features an updated Flight Plate system as well as a single layer performance-woven upper. Here’s a closer look at the tech under the hood of the AJ XX9:
1) The PERFORMANCE-WOVEN UPPER provides support without excess layering. The four layers of the woven upper provide the athlete with everything they need; comfort, support, strength and protection.
2) ARTICULATE PADDING lines in the collar help prevent the heel from slipping inside the shoe.
3) FLIGHT WEB FIT SYSTEM uses webbed straps that wrap the foot and integrate with the laces through woven channels in the upper. It offers superior mid foot lockdown that moves with you.
4) RE-ENGINEERED FLIGHT PLATE provides maximum energy return for a smoother ride. An added tendril between the forefoot and heel provide a smooth heel-to-toe transition.
5) The OUTSOLE contains a combination of clear and solid rubber for durability on a variety of surfaces.
You’ll definitely see Russell Westbrook and the rest of Team Jordan wear the Air Jordan XX9 this Playoff season. Retail release for these two colorways will drop September 2014.