A lot has changed over the last couple of years when it comes to sneaker industry. ‘Limiteds’ are now the norm and no one’s batting an eyelash or thinking twice of the numbers on the price tag. We’ve seen shoes being sold at retail over Php 10k and reselling of pairs hitting the Php 100k range. What’s become common to some, remains unthinkable for others. With the local sneaker and streetwear scene growing at a rapid pace, one begins to question—is it all worth it? Is buying the latest release the be-all and end-all of what this culture is all about? Although it’s fine to fulfil one’s enthusiasm for sneakers every once in awhile, it’s also important to recognize our fortunate disposition.
For this reason, our good friends over at Commonwealth PH aim to open the floor for this conversation through the promotion of thoughtfulness in a culture that would otherwise come of as self-seeking. Rather than working long lines or creating another raffle, they have a different idea. Customers are highly encouraged to share occasions where in they devoted time in causes other than their own. Whether it’s giving to the underprivileged or doing simple acts of kindness, Commonwealth PH invites its customers to share these stories in an effort to bring people together for social justice.
Continuing this conversation for social consciousness and positive change, they’re introducing #GIVE_FTGG. The project aims to promote thoughtfulness in a culture that’s been considered chaotic and self-absorbed. This is definitely a breath of fresh air for a lot of us ‘in the game’.
Instead of going through the motions of any other release, Commonwealth is rewarding worthy patrons New Balance’s recent collaboration with NY native Ronnie Fieg. Seven (7) pairs of the New Balance 998 ‘City Never Sleeps’ will be given to the select few who value causes other than their own. To get with the program, peep how you join below:
- Do something for the greater good.
- Share your story with us by creating an instagram video.
- Follow @commonwealth_ph and our partners @newbalanceph and @solemovement.
- Tag #GIVE_FTGG
- Direct Message @commonwealth_ph your name and requested size.
Ex. handing out food to the less fortunate, providing clothes to the homeless, helping an old lady cross the street, donating books to your local village/public school, etc.
Terms & Conditions
- Make sure your instagram account is switched to public.
- Entries will be accepted beginning Febuary 6, at 12 midnight and will run until February 16.
- Beginning February 10, one winner will be drawn per day until all the pairs are given away.
- All winners will be contacted via DM on Instagram but will also be announced on the Sole Movement Instagram (@solemovement)
- The complete list of winners will be posted on www.solemovement.com on the final day.
- All winners must show proper identification upon claiming of their pair in store.
- You have until the end of the month of February to pick up the pairs from Commonwealth.