UPDATED: The Future is Here: The Nike Adapt BB ‘Wolf Grey’ drops Thursday
It pays to be a basketball-loving country.
After unveiling the Adapt BB last January (although the Manila release was in early April) and a succeeding release later in April, we’re getting the third colorway of the first self-lacing shoe made for basketball, the Adapt BB. Do note that the Philippines is the only SEA country carrying the Adapt BB in the region (so, yay Philippines!).
However, this week’s release is pretty special. Back in the late 80s, Nike created a prop shoe for the movie Back to the Future II dubbed the Nike Mag. The Nike Mag had self-lacing capabilities to go with all the bells and whistles. Needless to say, the shoe has become an icon as it represented the hope that one day, the shoe can become a reality.
While Nike did release a self-lacing Mag a few years back, the Adapt BB is the actual translation of the technology today. With the colorway mirroring the iconic self-lacing sneaker, the Nike Adapt BB becomes a must-cop for basketball fans and movie buffs alike. The Nike Adapt BB continues to provide that customized, consistent fit when in game and loosens when you’re on the bench. Pair the Adapt BB with your smartphone for that customized fit and function.
If you want to try the shoe out, you can head on over to Nike Fort and try on the Nike Adapt BB from June 24-26. A Member’s Only Raffle is slated on the 27th at 5pm. For more information, check out the mechanics provided by Nike Fort below:
1) Try on the Adapt BB from June 24-26 or on Raffle Day, June 27.
2) Present proof of membership (card or Nike ID) and scan QR code for your raffle entry starting at 3pm. Cut-off is strictly at 4:15pm. Not yet a member? Ask our store athletes how to sign up and join the raffle.
3) Member must have a confirmed size prior to securing a raffle entry; changes will not be entertained.
4) Only one entry allowed per member; duplicates will automatically be cancelled.
5) Member must be in line for raffle proper from 4:30-4:45pm. Presence is required during raffle proper which will start at 5pm.
6) Winners will only be announced three times, after which, pair will be automatically forfeited.
7) Winners must claim their pair and will be allowed to pair their Adapt BB with their app before purchase.
The Nike Adapt BB ‘Wolf Grey’ retails for Php 17,495. Like previous releases, we’re expecting Titan to also release the shoe this week. Continue to check this space for updates as we will be adding more information regarding their supposed release.
Titan just dropped their release info. Make your way to Titan FORT today, June 25 from 11AM to 10pm to enter the in-store electronic raffle for the Nike Adapt BB ‘Wolf Grey’. Winners will be notified on Wednesday via SMS.