Air From the Future: Air Max 2090
As mentioned in a previous release, Nike’s celebrating 30 years of the Air Max 90 throughout 2020. While we have seen several variations pop up – from the Recraft to the Flyease, Nike introduces us to the future with the Air Max 2090. Taking design cues from the AM90, the Air Max 2090 brings in what the future holds for us shoe heads:
The Air Max 2090 features a couple of things that seem new to the Air Max line:
- Color Blocking: Color blocking was instrumental in the development of the original Air Max 90, with darker colors underscoring the strength in the shoe’s support structure. In that same vein, the 2090 relays this through levels of opacity — the most supportive materials are 100 percent opaque, and the least supportive (and lighter weight) materials are see-through.
- Air Unit: With the aim of all-day comfort, the Air Max 2090 employs a larger Air unit than its originator, with a 200 percent larger window than traditional side-visibility Air units seen 30 years ago.
- Cropped Swoosh: The iconic Nike Swoosh was first cropped below on the Air Max 90, and the Swoosh of Air Max 2090 — though updated — follows the same design ethos.
- Flexibility: Echoing the Air Max 90’s waffle outsole, the Air Max 2090 also employs distinct grooves for flexibility and takes original tread lines and updates the pattern for performance in 2020.
While the Air Max 2090 looks and feels like a shoe from the future, it also features the best things we love about the Air Max 90:
- Air Max 90 Mudguard: One of the three key elements voted upon by Air Max 90 wearers, the Air Max 2090 mudguard remains untouched from the original.
- Air Max 90 Cassette: This design element, which surrounds and highlights the Air unit, is iconically featured in the shoe’s original design and was a must-keep element in the Air Max 2090.
- Air Max 90 Heel Logo: The classic heel logo first employed by the Air Max 90 is reflected in the Air Max 2090 update — look closely and you can see the new “Air” logo.
The Nike Air Max 2090 is now available via Nike.com/ph for Php 7,195.