adidas unveils the ULTRABOOST 22 with the woman in mind
Created by Women, for Women.
Today, adidas Running unveiled the Ultraboost 22. By this time, we sort of know the drill — x% more energy return, superior cushioining, CONTINENTAL rubber outsole and to make them earth-friendly, made with 50% Parley Ocean Plastic.
So what’s new with the 22?
While the blueprint was made for all runners, women (who comprise 50% of the running population, btw) sometimes get the raw end of the stick due to fit issues. The adidas design team looked into this and designed the 22 specific to the needs of the female foot.
For this year’s iteration of the Ultraboost, the team identified differences in the instep, heel anatomy and gait cycles that vary for women. The new shoe now features a narrower heel pocket, a shallower forefoot profile and lower instep area. The refined rubber outsole helps the runner avoid overpronation.
The adidas Ultraboost 22 features:
- Energy Return – the new upper and LEP torsion system combine with the iconic BOOST midsole to deliver superior energy return, 4% more than the Ultraboost 21 for women.
- LEP – the adidas Linear Energy Push is an evolution of the torsion system which works in harmony with the boost midsole and the newly designed outsole for a more responsive ride.
- PRIMEKNIT+ – the refined PRIMEKNIT+ forged zones are made with yarn containing 50% Parley Ocean Plastic, providing an adaptive fit.
- 360° fit improvement based on the female anatomy – the fit is based on a new last built on female anatomical insights. It reflects a narrower heel, a lower instep and keeps the unique S-curve heel that works in harmony with the heel counter to let the Achilles tendon move freely.
To celebrate the Ultraboost 22, adidas Running launched several activations for all the runners out there:
- The HI ENERGY playlist drops on Spotify on December 11
- The adidas ‘Countdown to 22’ December challenge – Participants will be able to access the challenge through the adidas Running app (sign up here). Creator Club members who join will be rewarded with 220 points.
The adidas Ultraboost 22 drops on December 9th in-store and online and will retail for Php 9,500.