adidas SOLARBOOST: Rocket Science you can wear
Over the last few months, Nike claims to have the answer to adidas’ UltraBoost and Boost technology. Although we have tried both, we can properly say that both performed well and we’re just happy there are options.
Today, however, adidas decided otherwise. They released their latest Boost-laden sneaker which delivers on three promises: lightweight support, superior cushioning and precise comfort. Presenting the adidas SolarBOOST. adidas claims it delivers a higher energy return than the Nike Epic React Flyknit, proven by internal research and verified by independent external partners.
Inspired by NASA engineering and designed for pure function (again, the goal is to not make this an everyday shoe but to be the running shoe), the SolarBOOST is a high-performance, lightweight running shoe created using adidas’ best innovations. Here’s a rundown of the shoe’s technical specs:
- Weight: a men’s sz 9 weighs only 295g; 15g lighter than the Energy Boost
- Tailored Fibre Placement: cutting-edge tech uses Aramis data to precisely lay down fibres which feature Parley material content in the mid-foot to support the runner
- Updated Energy Rail: the new lightweight symmetrical construction works with the Boost for increased stability
- Refined Fit Counter: supportive lightweight heel construction, designed to enable the free motion of the Achilles tendon as well as a wider, more accommodating fit
- BOOST sole: highly responsive 85% Boost provides superior, lightweight cushioning
- Optimised Stretchweb: rubber outsole with superior grip that adapts to every runner’s foot strike by moving in harmony with boost to provide a smoother and more flexible ride.
The adidas SolarBOOST is now available at the adidas online store and select adidas stores, with the shoe retailing for Php 8,000.